Another of our Healthy Meal Recipes. This delicious frittata is a simple Italian meal and takes just minutes to cook. Serve with a healthy salad for a nutritious quick meal.
The main ingredients are eggs and you can use a wide variety of ingredients to fill the omelet. Depending on how you make it, you can vary the taste in different ways.
The taste is very much like eating a quiche without the pastry, making it a fantastic healthy meal recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl crack six eggs and beat well. Add salt and pepper.
- Place a large non stick frying pan over medium-low heat and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan. Stir and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and brown.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, parsley, a little more salt and pepper. Stir everything together well, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour raw egg mixture over vegetables, shake the frying pan gently to make sure the eggs are covering all vegetables.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edges.
- Place frying pan under grill and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the top is entirely set.
- Slice into wedges and serve with a healthy salad.
More Healthy Meal Recipes
Why not check out some more of our Healthy Meal Recipes. You can get a full list by using our ‘recipes’ option from the ‘Blog’ menu dropdown box in the website menu at the top of the page.